Suppliers - need to make changes to your listing page? Contact Ashley Chalmers at 301.975.9661 or
Want to learn about new features on the site? Interested in new marketing opportunities? Read on for all member-related updates or contact us.
We welcome Steve Langley to our sales team! Steve's primary focus is Arizona, California, Hawaii, Britain and Europe.
Happy Holidays to all of our members and their families this holiday season!
We held our annual meeting with the meeting planners on our Advisory Council this month. Thanks to the Donovan House for providing us with an excellent location and a delicious lunch!
The meeting was very insightful and the planners had tons of ideas about how they believe the RFP process can be streamlined between planners and suppliers.
ConventionPlanit.com now offers geo tracking for website Top Sponsor Ads. You select the states you want your ad to display. More details on the Advertising Page.
Happy New Year! Stay tuned for many exciting improvements and opportunities this year to the site - they'll benefit all of our members!
- Fun Video: Introducing the ConventionPlanit.com Music Video! Take a journey back in time and see what the meetings industry was like before the invention of search engines and other technology.
- Job Opportunities: ConventionPlanit.com is hiring seasoned sales veterans to join our team! For more information on selling for ConventionPlanit.com, please contact Katherine Markham, CHME at
Best wishes for a safe, happy and healthy holiday to you and yours!
Submit your holiday news! We are gathering material for our annual Holiday e-Alert, and want to know what our members are up to! Is your company holding a clothing or gift drive? Are you volunteering at a charity? Does your bar have a special holiday cocktail? Share your holiday plans and photos with us, and we will include them in the Holiday e-Alert. Please send materials to
Add green initiatives to your annual listing! Beginning in 2011, meeting planners will be able to search for destinations and facilities based on their green initiatives.
To submit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is your company an AH&LA Member? Are you 30 or younger? If so, be sure to participate in a Back to Sales Basics webinar June 10 at 2:00 pm EST, presented by Katherine Markham, CHME,
Co-Founder of ConventionPlanit.com! For more information, please email email@example.com.
If you are attending the Springtime Expo in Washington, DC in a few weeks, be sure to visit us at Booth # 250!
- Homepage Facelift: Check out the new colors and graphic on the CP Homepage. These are direct feedback from our Advisory Council Meeting last month, from meeting planners who wanted the benefits of CP more clearly stated!
- Call for Press: Members, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any meetings related news, updates or special offers. This information will be promoted in the e-Alert newsletter!
- 24-Hour RFP Guarantee: We are proud to introduce the new 24-hour RFP guarantee for all leads sent through ConventionPlanit.com! In order to increase response time for
meeting planners, and to ensure leads do not slip through any cracks for you, our members, you will receive a personal phone call from our staff to ensure the lead reached you,
and when you will be responding. If you will not be bidding, we'll let the planner know on your behalf. The planner will receive a summary email from us within 24 hours.
- Advisory Council Meeting: On April 15, we held the first annual Advisory Council Meeting at the Washington Hilton. The planners who originally designed ConventionPlanit.com seven years ago
gathered to provide input and ideas to freshen up the website to continue as a relevant research tool for the meetings industry. They offered valuable insight, and you'll start to see some of these changes over the next few months!
December 2009: Wishing all of our members a Safe & Happy Holiday Season. We look forward to bringing you business in the New Year!
September 2009: We've had a busy summer, working hard to improve ConventionPlanit.com for our members and also for the planners using the site. Here are some highlights:
- New Homepage & Navigation Design: Our homepage and site navigation got a facelift in July. The site is now more streamlined and easier to use than ever, giving planners more direct access to you! Plus, we are now compatible with all major web browsers, including Smart Phones.
- Improved Ad Tracking: Keeping track of your ROI is easier than ever with our improved capabilities for Homepage Spotlight Banner Ads and Website Top Sponsor ads. Contact your account manager for more information.
- Newmarket International Partnership: Requests for proposal sent through your listing page can now be integrated with your Meeting Broker or Delphi system! Contact your Newmarket representative to activate the integration.