(ConventionPlanit.com receives no commissions nor are there any hidden charges when processing RFP's online. To send an RFP online, open the above e-mail address,
attach document and send, or complete on-line template)
Description: As the 10th largest city in America and the Capital of Silicon Valley, San Jose is known as a business mecca, but offers an attendee experience that is the embodiment of Silicon Valley: serious business done in a relaxed atmosphere with over 200 downtown dining and nightlife options.
Another reason to meet here is our exciting and easy to navigate destination. As the gateway to Northern California, San Jose provides attendees with central access for visiting San Francisco, nearby wineries in the Santa Cruz Mountains, sandy beaches in close proximity, and world-class golf courses. And, with the Mineta San Jose International Airport only five minutes outside of downtown, two additional international airports (Oakland and San Francisco) nearby, and a variety of public transportation options such as VTA light rail or Caltrain, getting into and around San Jose is easy.
Features: Audio/Visual Services, Internet Connectivity, Convention Housing, Registration Staffing, Onsite Concierge, Catering, Multiple Branding Opportunities, Community Discount Programs, Public Relations
Off-Site Venues/Highlights: As the CVB for the City, Team San Jose also manages San Jose’s Convention and Cultural Facilities which includes the recently expanded and renovated San Jose McEnery Convention Center’s $130 million project, bringing the total convention space in San Jose to 550,000 square feet. Also included in Team San Jose’s portfolio are unique arts and entertainment venues including the California Theatre, the Center for the Performing Arts, Montgomery Theater and the newly renamed City National Civic.
• City National Civic – Built in 1934, the newly renamed 3,036-seat theater was recently revamped and is home to a variety of concerts and special events, some which are customizable.
• Center for the Performing Arts (CPA) – The new kid on the block at 40 years old, the 2,677-seat elegant CPA was designed by the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation and is home to Broadway San Jose and ballet performances.
• California Theatre – The historic 1,122-seat theater is known today as one of the best-preserved examples of late 1920s motion picture houses in the United States, and is home to our renowned opera and symphony.
• Montgomery Theater – Built in 1936 and home to Children’s Musical Theater (CMT San Jose), the 475-seat theater retains its historic charm and offers audiences an intimate experience for every performance or general sessions.
• South Hall – With 80,000 square feet, South Hall is great for groups that need a little room to grow in conjunction with the Convention Center or as a stand-alone venue, South Hall accommodates a variety of types of groups, consumer shows, general session speakers, special events and more while staying in the Downtown core.
• Parkside Hall – With 30,000 square feet, Parkside Hall is the perfect venue for consumer shows, conventions, tradeshows, exhibits and corporate events.
Green/Environmental Initiatives: San Jose, voted in 2009 as the greenest of 12 cities by Green Tech Media, is grounding itself in the wide world of responsible leisure and business travel. From hotels, restaurants and wineries to the Convention Center, City organizations and Mineta International Airport -- San Jose is putting its best carbon footprint forward. In fact, on October 30, 2007, the San Jose City Council adopted Green Vision, a fifteen-year plan to transform San Jose into a world center of clean technology innovation, promote cutting-edge sustainable practices, and demonstrate that the goals of economic growth, environmental stewardship and fiscal responsibility are inextricably linked.