IMEX America is consistent in its attempts to reduce their environmental footprint resulting from hosting 12,000 attendees, 3,250 exhibitors and occupying 19,575 room nights in local hotels.
This was actioned by initiatives that ranged from encouraging attendees to donate books to a local literacy program to helping to build hygiene kits for the Clean the World project.
Recyclable carpet was used in the aisles and some of the booths and only an abbreviated version of the show catalogue made it into print. Ray Bloom, IMEX Group Chairman is one of the best at having his organization lead by example!
Representatives from CP.com supplier partners had a good showing in the hall. Among them were:
- Martina Fundaro – The Prague Convention Bureau
- Marie McKown – Meet in Ireland
- Angeline van den Broecke and Alan Pryor – Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre
- Julie Dodds and Jim Henderson – Visit Anchorage
- Laura St. Germain – United Airlines
Dan O’Neil, vice president strategy and sales for the Bloomington CVB, headed up a press conference announcing a new “Under One Roof” meeting experience. This program packages together unique luxury meeting space in partnership with the JW Marriott Minneapolis Mall of America, Radisson Blu Mall of America and the Mall of America itself.
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, Ray Bloom talked about breaking records for the sixth year in a row! Here are a few of the more impressive stats:
- 12,000+ exhibitors, hosted buyers and attendees
- 70,000 individual and group appointments along with stand presentations took place
- 72% of appointments were based on RFP’s
- 250 educational sessions took place covering 10 tracks
- 450 exhibitors and buyers participated in the IMEXrun Las Vegas routed along the famous Strip
Congratulations to the IMEX Team for a great show. ConventionPlanit loved participating!