The ‘power of live experience’ was a theme that resonated throughout this year’s IMEX America held in Las Vegas October 9-12. Through the participants coming together as one, the exhibition reinforced its role as a celebration of all that is positive, regenerative, empathetic and optimistic about the meetings and events industry.
Employing our own special antidote to the unfathomable disaster of the previous week, the hugs were more heartfelt, the conversations more optimistic and the overall energy focused on supporting Las Vegas…#VegasStrong. Again it was proven that there is no better industry for promoting solidarity in the face of turmoil and tragedy than the hospitality marketplace.
Your intrepid blogger was on site to bring you the “show buzz” for this annual extravaganza’s seventh edition. The event boasted more than 3,300 exhibitors representing 150 countries interacting with 3,200 buyers who participated in 70,000 individual appointments and booth presentations. Participating buyers had the opportunity to:
- Conduct up to a year’s worth of global business in only 2-3 days… without needing a passport
- Learning from the extensive Education sessions and Inspiration Hub interaction
- Enjoy both professional and personal networking
At the ConventionPlanit.com booth, David Markham was kept busy introducing new planners to RFP Organization as well as the amusing cartoon strip starring Misty and Happy.
Interactive experiences were augmenting the standard educational formats with opportunities for the planners to sample dynamic activities such as:
- Instant personalized song writing
- Enjoying lunch from food trucks
- Experiencing virtual reality of Ski Jumping (some advice – do this before lunch!)
- Instruction from a (hotel) master florist on arranging flowers at home
- Mixing it up with a champion Sumo Wrestler (don’t try this at home!)
Next up – IMEX America’s green efforts!